Do you want to write a book? BOOK HERE
It could be anything – a novel; nonfiction; self-help; biography; a business, community, or organisation’s history; or it could even be something totally different!
But you have that book in you?
And now you want to get it out into the world?
Busybird Publishing’s Book-Writing Boot Camp is about arming you with the tools you need to write and publish YOUR book!
- you’re an aspiring novelist
- you’re a business owner or entrepreneur and want to write a book that showcases your expertise, establishes you as a leader in your field, and proclaims you a published author
- you’re a coach who has a methodology they want to offer to the world
- you want to write a memoir or autobiography of your life, or a biography of somebody, or a history of your family, or community, but are unsure how to tackle it
- you have already written a book, but don’t know where to go next
then Busybird Publishing’s Book-Writing Boot Camp is for YOU!
|‘Learning that structure within your novel is one of the most important fundamentals of writing your story … It helped me shape my novel and know the arcs in which my characters will experience.’
– Alison Achter’(Provided me with the) motivation to commit to (my) goal (and was very) well run, (with) approachable (people). (It was) a very supportive environment for new/emerging writers.’
– Kelly Bramston‘Blaise and Les gave a fabulous overview of the book publishing process, which gives a new writer the confidence to start writing, whilst being aware of the traps. Very useful for any writer at any stage of the process.’
– Jean Sum‘A compact course packed to the brim with incredibly useful information devised in a relaxed and informative environment. Just perfect! Thank you, Busybird.’
– Rosemary Gillan‘(I learnt) how to structure a book (with) really informative and positive instruction.’
– Jackie Mutimer‘(It was great to cover) all aspects from A to Z in relation to structure, publishing and marketing. Excellent kickstart!’
– Rachael Willis
‘The knowledge, information and general sharing between (writers was) professional (and) well presented.’
‘Information/style of event (was) professional (and) well organised.’
‘Fabulous two days; Blaise and Les were both fantastic presenters. The comprehensive information (was) so helpful.’
Book Writing Boot Camp is an intensive workshop that will cover things such as:
- fleshing out your idea
- good writing hygiene
- detailing a publishing plan (either to self-publish, or to submit to traditional publishers)
- marketing the finished book
- and all those little steps in-between.
Running on Saturday 12 October, 9.00am–5.00pm, this will be an exhaustive workshop that will help you dive into the structure of your book, understand what you want to do, and map it out.
It’ll also cover an overview to publication. This group will be limited to 12 participants and all participants will be eligible to receive discounts on our publishing services after having completed this workshop, should they wish to publish with Busybird Publishing.
– Early Bird: $150.00 (ends 31 August)
– Full price: $195.00.
Lunch will be included.
If you’re interested in talking to us about Busybird Publishing’s Book Writing Boot Camp, you can call us and talk to Blaise on (03) 9434 6365 or contact us via email.
Or you can contact us to let us know if you’re interested in having a Book Writing Boot Camp in an area near you, whether it’s for a writing group, a festival, or any other sort of writing- and/or publishing-related function!
Blaise van Hecke is the publisher at Busybird Publishing. Blaise helps other writers to find their voice through coaching and publishing at Busybird Publishing. She runs various workshops for Busybird about writing, editing, and publishing, and is popularly in demand for talks about publishing in general.
Blaise’s story ‘Eleventh Summer’ came second place in the biennial short story competition with the Society of Women Writers (Vic) in 2007, which has since been published in the anthology, Mud Puddles, and the anthology, Thirteen Stories. She has also had other stories published in Blue Crow Magazine, 21D Magazine, Fellowship of Australian Writers, and [untitled].
Blaise is also the author of The Book Book: 12 Steps to Successful Publishing and co-author of Self-Made: Real Australian Business Stories, and contributor to the Health Conscious series Healthy Body and Healthy Mind. She is now working on her first fiction novel, ‘The Colours of Ash’. Her memoir, The Road to Tralfamadore is Bathed in River Water , was released in August 2018.
Blaise runs Busybird Publishing with her husband, Kev, in the leafy suburb of Montmorency (Melbourne) where they have formed a creative hub for writers and artists through workshops, mentorship, publishing services and open mic nights. To date they have nurtured over 300 books into the world. Blaise is an enthusiastic advocate for writing and the arts, as president for the Society Women Writers’ Victoria and a Pinpoint Ambassador for literature with Banyule Council, and a member of the Nillumbik Arts Advisory Committee.